Can I dress up?
OMG YES, seriously if you don't you will be disappointed! There is a best dressed competition and other immersive FUN for those that get the 80’s on! Check out pics from other events for inspiration.
Can I get a pass out?
There are NO PASS OUTS once you have entered the event. Please ensure you have warm clothes/blankets and everything you need for later in the night! (It will get cooler at night so be prepared)
What can I bring to The Big 80’s Party?
• A chair or picnic rug for the Event ticket seating area. Seats are provided with the GOLDEN upgrade.
• Sealed plastic bottled water (still or sparkling) up to 1.5L in size.
• Food, a platter to share with your mates! There will be a variety of hot/cold food options available at the event too from local food trucks...
• Cash! Limited cash out facilities available, so please be prepared. There will be both "card only" and "cash only" lines at the bar, however most food vendors will only accept cash.
• A plastic wine cup, to help the environment!
• Sunscreen and a hat! There are no sheltered areas so come prepared for rain or shine.
• If the forecast is for rain please bring suitable wet weather gear.
• The coolest 80’s attire you can deck yourself out in, we can't wait to see your costumes!
What are prohibited items?
• Alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. Including juice, soft drinks, sports drinks (the only exception is sealed plastic bottled still water up to 1.5L in size)
• Metal cutlery, including cheese knives.
• Sunshades, tents and tables.
• Umbrellas, even if its raining. Bring good quality raincoats and gumboots instead.
• Glass, including wine glasses
• Pets (other than guide dogs)
• Beanbags, blow-up air chairs or lounges.
• No hard cooler boxes, soft cooler bags are ok
There will be a security check at the gate and prohibited items will be confiscated.
I can no longer attend the event, what do I do?
As per our terms and conditions, tickets are not refundable. However, tickets are transferable, so you can give it to a mate with no name changes required. Buying or selling tickets on third party websites (such as eBay and Gumtree) is NOT permitted. If a ticket is bought, sold or offered for resale third party website the Event Promoter may cancel the ticket without refund and you will be refused entry to the event. Only buy tickets from the original source.
Can I bring in an Esky and fold out table into the event?
Hard box eskys or folding tables are prohibited. Soft cooler bags are ok.
Are EFTPOS facilities available?
We do have limited ATMS on site but it is still recommended to bring enough cash for the day.
Will first aid be available?
Yes, please ask Security, Event staff or First Aid officers for help. There will be a first aid service attending every event. Please consider others as well as your own safety. If someone is in need of medical attention please let Security, Event staff or First Aid know so they can help.
What happens if it is raining or extreme weather conditions are forecast?
The Big 80’s Party is an outdoor event and will proceed rain, hail or shine. That being said, your safety is always our number one priority and delays to screening content may occur in unpredictable circumstances. The event will proceed regardless of the weather and no refunds will be given unless the event is entirely postponed. This decision is at the promoter's discretion. In the unlikely case that the event is postponed an email will be sent to the ticket purchaser and it will also be posted on the Facebook page. The decision to cancel an Event will be made on the date of the Event.
Is there parking available at the site?
Yes, there will be free parking next to the event.
Can I bring Food and Drinks into The Big 80’s Party?
There is strictly NO BYO ALCOHOL into the event. The Big 80’s Party is a licensed event and alcoholic beverages can be purchased from the “Cocktails and Dreams”.
All non-alcoholic drinks including juice, soft drinks, sports drinks, energy drinks are also prohibited to enter the event (the only exception is sealed or empty plastic bottled water up to 1.5L)
Feel free to bring your own food. There will be food vendors on site, providing a range of delicious hot dinner options including vegetarian, gluten-free and vegan options. Hot coffee, tea and chocolate will be available between throughout the event from various venors.
So, what is on the menu?
There will be a range of hot dinner, sweets and snack menu options available at the event from some of the regions most reputable and well known food vendors.
The “Cocktails & Dreams” bar will be serving up the iconic 80’s “cocktail spritzers” and a delicious selection of premium wines. Then the classics: beer, cider, vodka /lime / sodas and the good old scotchy and bourbon cans! Until 10 pm.
Are there facilities for disabled people?
Yes. Disabled toilets and viewing areas are available at all venues. Please keep in mind that as “The Big 80’s Party” events are held outdoors, and the ground is sometimes sloping or uneven.
If you have 'Wheelchair, Companion Card or Special Needs' please email email@example.com to help with ticketing options. Companion Card holders are entitled to a ticket at no charge for their carer.
Is there power and water available?
There will be free drinking water inside the event. There will be no power available, make sure your phone and camera are charged before you arrive.
I can’t find my ticket email, what do I do?
You can give your name at the event entry and show ID to gain entry if you misplace your email. If you require the email to be re-sent, please organise this as early as possible. No emails will be re-sent the week of the event.
Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Can't WAIT to see you there!
Can I smoke cigarettes at the venue?
Smoking is only permitted in marked designated smoking areas, please be respectful of those who don't smoke. Please put your cigarette butt in the BIN, not on the ground!